The Caroga Arts Collective’s residencies marks the forming of a collective gathering for residencies throughout the year in Caroga Lake, NY to embark on personal, collaborative and community projects.
Winter 2019: January 15, 2019 – January 20, 2019
Spring 2019: April 30, 2019 – May 5, 2019
Summer 2019 (InterArts Symposium): July 2, 2019 – July 7, 2019
Fall 2019: TBD
What is the mission of the Collective?
Caroga Arts Collective mission: Reignite the Caroga experience through interdisciplinary and interarts collaborations among musicians, artists, scholars and the community.
What is the goal and major objectives of the Collective residency program?
Goal: Community revitalization through the arts
Objectives and focus points for residency:
- Exhibit/Presentation – i.e. space, curation, promotion, presentation for two events
- Create something lasting (tangible) – i.e. content, recording, film, sculpture, landscape, website
- Community engagement – develop unique community experiences and connections
How to participate in this residency program?
If you are interested in becoming a participant of the Collective Residencies, please contact Kyle Price at email@example.com. Resident Artists will receive a per diem and modest stipend plus housing.
What are the future advantages to being a part of this program?
- Experience and actively participate in the shaping and growth of a community through our creative ventures.
- Give guidance to the development and structure of future residencies. We strive for the Collective residencies to continue to grow into a self-sustaining, independent program creating future opportunities for members of the collective and potentially direct their own projects in Caroga.
- Create a network for future collaborations with other like-minded artists of different disciplines.
- Become part of a growing non-profit organization on the rise recognized for other successful programs such as the Caroga Lake Music Festival, National Summer Cello Institute, MyHil Film Series and InterArts Symposium.