On behalf of Uri and Hagit Vardi and the entire YBIYS team, our thoughts are with you, your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors dealing with the impacts of COVID-19. We hope this message finds you and your loved ones in a safe place.
So much has happened in our world since our last email update to you. As you can imagine, Uri, Hagit and the YBIYS team have been discussing the situation we are all in on a regular basis. While we were optimistic about our summer together, we have made the difficult decision to postpone this summer’s Institute. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our participants, faculty, staff, and the community as a whole, and unfortunately this is our only responsible course of action.
The coronavirus pandemic has brought a harsh reality. We have seen our loved ones in New York become victims of the virus, many dedicated workers losing income, and vital cultural institutions closing its doors and canceling events. But it gives us hope that there are people and organizations taking responsible actions to help “flatten the curve” – and by postponing our Institute, we hope we are contributing to this worldwide effort in a small way.
With that said, our tentative YBIYS Institute dates for next year are June 17 – 27, 2021 and it will be held in Caroga Lake, NY. We are planning to keep the same program structure for next summer’s Institute.
We hope that everyone stays safe and healthy as we collectively navigate through these difficult times. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you and stay well.
Uri, Hagit, and the YBIYS team